This an event we've all been dreaming about since we first tasted the sweet, roasty nectar that is Black House. Hell, I've been dreaming about it since I first attended AleSmith's "Night of a Million Zillion Speedways" in 2010, a ground-breaking event that inspired some of our homebrewing experiments. And now we get to do our own little version, in our very own tasting room!
Amongst all of our beers, Black House is definitely the one that lends itself most readily to variation. We've played around with it a bit already, having tapped Black House with cocoa nibs & vanilla beans, coconut & cocoa nibs, bourbon barrel-aged coffee, and rye barrel-aged coffee. But we have a much longer list of Black House variations we're chomping at the bit to unleash on the world. And Black Friday seems like the perfect time to do it.
So here's the deal: this coming Friday (the 29th) at 12pm sharp we'll be tapping 8 variations of Black House (along with a keg of "regular" Black House fresh off the brite tank) at the Lomaland Fermentorium. Pints will be $6 and tasters will be $2.50. Members of the League of Partygoers & Elegant People will be able to get growler fills for $10, along with early entry at 11:30am (be sure to wear your hoodie/bring your growlers!)
So without further ado, here's the list:
- Black House w/ toasted, shredded, unsweetened coconut & Ghanaian cocoa nibs
- Black House w/ Oregon sour cherries & Madagascar bourbon vanilla bean
- Black House w/ red jalapeno
- Black House w/ whole nutmeg, whole allspice, cinnamon sticks, fresh ginger root, & vanilla beans (i.e. "Pumpkin Pie Black House")
- Black House w/ Vermont maple syrup & Ghanaian cocoa nibs
- Black House w/ French light toasted oak aged on 10 year Islay scotch
- Black House w/ fresh cranberries, fresh thyme, & fresh rosemary (i.e. "Thanksgiving Black House")
- Cask: Double Coffee Black House
- Black House super freshly kegged
So this should be a pretty delicious Friday. We're planning to make this an annual Black Friday event featuring increasing levels of awesomeness, so here's your chance to say you went to the first one, before it was cool. Actually, it's already pretty cool. But that shouldn't stop you.
Anyway, this is going to be a blast. Hope to see you there!