Modern Times Pop-Up Homebrew Competition!
When: Tuesday, August 13th 2013
Where: Modern Times Tasting Room
Time: 5-8 PM
What?!: Homebrew Competition for the GABF Pro-Am!
We are hosting a super quickie homebrew competition! We somehow managed to snag a spot in the GABF Pro-Am competition, and we need a super-fast turnaround beer to submit. This is your chance to show the world that a devastatingly awesome beer can be brewed and poured in just 2 weeks. The best recipe of the day will be selected by our crack team of brewing ninjas, brewed on our pilot brewing system THE VERY NEXT DAY, served in our tasting room before September 2nd, and then driven in a super sweet refrigerated semi all the way to Denver, CO for the GABF Pro-Am.
· This will be crazy, and it will also be fun. Let’s not take it too seriously.
· Each brewer may bring up to two of their dankest beers. No restrictions on styles or recipe other than the 2 week turnaround time.
· The bottles need to show up at Modern Times on Tuesday, August 13th starting at 2 PM. We will take bottles until 7:30 PM. The winner will be announced that night.
· You MUST be a member of the AHA. Already. We didn’t read that rule until just now, but that’s the rules. Signing up now won’t qualify your recipe or our entry.
· If you cannot bring your bottles at that time, find a friend who can. Your friends will understand this need to make your dreams come true.
· We will need two 12 or 22 ounce bottles from you. Labels don’t really matter. This is not a blind competition. This is a popularity contest.
· You cannot be an employee of Modern Times or any other brewery.
· You’ll have to sign a licensing agreement with GABF if you win.
· There will be ONE winner.
· Have your recipes ready. If you win, we’ll need it that night.
· If you want to come brew the beer with us, that’s great. The brew will likely take place on Wednesday, August 14th on our pilot system.
· Full rules from the GABF can be read here: http://www.greatamericanbeerfestival.com/brewers/competition-information/#11
Judging will be done by the brewery staff (including your hero, The Mad Fermentationist). We will not be taking detailed notes, but we may offer you verbal feedback on the day of the competition. We will be nice to you, we promise. Good luck!