The Benefits Of Working At Modern Times

Modern Times has been open for 4 years, and we’ve grown exponentially in that time. With a spate of recent announcements regarding new locations, beers, distribution markets, and a rapidly growing staff, we think it’s important to let you know why we think Modern Times is a pretty rad place to work. Here are some of the perks and benefits of working at Modern Times:

We’re Employee-Owned!
We’re California’s first employee-owned brewery, with 30% of our equity held in an Employee Stock Ownership Plan, guaranteeing employees the opportunity to earn equity in the company over time, and creating some seriously amazing career opportunities for our team. You can read all about how we did it and what it all means in detail HERE.

The Pay
We pride ourselves on paying at (and often above) an extremely competitive level, for our industry and our town. Our base pay rate on our production team is $15/hour, a cool $4.50 above minimum wage here in California. We realize income isn’t everything when it comes to being happy at a job, but it’s a great place to start.

Health Care
For a company that is just 4 years old, Modern Times offers some pretty incredible medical benefits to employees. Modern Times provides 50% contributions to the health care of employees AND their dependents. On top of that, we cover 100% of dental, vision, long-term disability, acupuncture and chiropractic care, and life insurance.

UNLIMITED Paid Time-Off
Our team works incredibly hard to make and serve kick ass beer, coffee, and merchandise. There is an inherent expectation of very hard work at Modern Times, but we also try to promote a work/life balance. Honestly, this is an area where we could stand to improve because the extremely rapid growth of the brewery has meant long hours for everyone. But we nonetheless offer unlimited paid time-off for our full-time staff, which is an extension of our results-focused management philosophy. Basically, if you kickass at your job, we trust you to manage your time responsibly.

2-Month Sabbatical at 5 Years
Outstanding performers who stick with Modern Times for 5 years are eligible for a 2-month paid sabbatical. That’s a pretty amazing and uncommon benefit. Not many companies will pay you to take 2 months off.

The Beer, Coffee, and Gear
Outstandingly delicious free beer and coffee are humongous perks of working here. Employees are entitled to a free pint or delicious coffee beverage every day they work. Team members also receive two 4-packs, a bomber, and a 64oz growler of their choosing every week, as well a $250 gift card every year to spend on merch, event tickets, coffee, or whatever else. They also get a 20% discount on all merch & beer, and some really sweet work-a-versary perks.

This is only a partial list of the beer, coffee, & event benefits, which are far too numerous to list here. Suffice to say, we’re not messing around. On top of those perks, employees are also frequently asked to taste the latest new & experimental beers, which is pretty rad.

Comments

Fabian Marquez

Mon, 07/27/2015 - 03:56

It's so refreshing and inspiring to hear about a company that truly appreciates it's employees as much as you guys do! I would honestly love to work for you guys in the near future, open up a brewery in The inland empire already!

Jimmy

Mon, 07/27/2015 - 04:01

You guys are the raddest. Reading this makes me want to move to SD for work!

Jeremy Cameron

Mon, 07/27/2015 - 04:11

So when do I start?

Aleks Cardenas

Mon, 07/27/2015 - 04:19

Alright, Alright, i'll take the Job.

Chris

Mon, 07/27/2015 - 05:04

Is starting pay for this position depending on experience?

Winifred

Sat, 10/20/2018 - 04:04

Helⅼ᧐ there, I found yoour ᴡeb site by means off Google
at the same time as sеarching forr a related topic, your site got here up, it seems gooⅾ.
I've bookmarked it in my google bookmarks.
Hi there, just beccame aware of your blog ѵia Google, and
found thaat it's really informative. I am going to be carreful for brussels.
I'll appreciate if yoou procеed this in future.
Manyy folis will probably be benefited from your wгiting.
Cheers!

Also viwit my ᴡebsite koeb foldeknive til salg

Gaea

Mon, 07/27/2015 - 05:09

When will you guys be hiring for a Sacramento based sales rep?

Erick M.

Mon, 07/27/2015 - 05:14

I would love to work for your company and be a part of something so amazing!

Sean M

Mon, 07/27/2015 - 05:21

Have a place on your team for a facilities engineer?

Ashley Gutierrez

Mon, 07/27/2015 - 05:34

So awesome. Sign me up ;)

matt_vanv

Mon, 07/27/2015 - 06:02

Ready to move, have a place to live down there and will take almost any job you'll give me (get me out of LA).  I also want to enroll in either the SDSU or UCSD programs so I can grow with you guys!  I often visit your brewery and would love to call it "home."  My resume is in your stack... of course after reading this, its probably now a mountain.

Brandon

Mon, 07/27/2015 - 06:15

Been in the culinary game for over 10 years and been trying to break into the brewery industry. Id gladly move from L.A. to S.D. to work for you guys.

C.J.

Mon, 07/27/2015 - 09:41

Hey guys, is this the sign up sheet for a second interview? Count me in. -C.J.

Zack

Tue, 07/28/2015 - 01:44

Hey guys, just graduated with my degree in finance and am looking for a job in the craft beer industry. You guys are my first choice for a job, and for beer. Hope to see some openings soon! Cheers!

Colleen

Tue, 07/28/2015 - 10:28

So rad. Just saw this on Instagram - looking forward to seeing some great openings! Definitely going to keep myself posted. Cheers!

Brittanie

Tue, 07/28/2015 - 12:52

Will do!

Christopher Enaje

Tue, 07/28/2015 - 04:49

Hope y'all haven't forgot about me! I'm still and now very much interested in a position with your brewery.

Charles N.

Wed, 07/29/2015 - 07:00

Any plans on developing an Engineering Department? Or, at least, hiring an Engineer who loves brewing and great beer?

Mel Adajar

Thu, 11/19/2015 - 06:27

I, 2nd the plans of developing an Engineering Dept. Why not stats and analytics to drive more business?
As a techie/engineer, I would love to help and build out something cool for a great brewery and especially for my hometown of San Diego.

Chris Jonsson

Mon, 11/27/2017 - 05:47

Excited for the city of Portland to receive MT with open-arms. The culture that you guy's have created is both refreshing and awe-inspiring. Let the beer and smiles continue to pour!!! -Future Regular

Chana

Wed, 11/21/2018 - 12:04

I every time emailed this weblog post page to all my associates,
as if like to read it afterward my friends will too.

Also visit my page: recuperar contraseńa icloud Iphone

Jennie

Tue, 03/20/2018 - 02:29

I've never heard of any company giving their employees TWO MONTHS PAID vacation. That is insanely generous! And makes me want to work here that much more. Fingers crossed!

Hopefully,
Future Party Wizard

translation

Wed, 03/21/2018 - 06:05

thanks for sharing superb informations. Your site is very cool. I’m impressed by the details that you have on this web site. It reveals how nicely you perceive this subject.
legal translator
Interprétariat langue

Anonymous

Wed, 03/21/2018 - 06:08

You are very brave focuses in this article. I would have never thought to be any of these in the event that I didn't run over this. Much appreciated!

Transcreation Services