As you’re undoubtedly aware, we are in the midst of a hugely ambitious Kickstarter campaign. Fortunately, you all have risen to the challenge in a super-sized way and helped us blow past our goal of $40,000.
But we’re not done yet. We’re hungry…like a bunch of really hungry people. For more stuff. To make us less hungry.
You see, Modern Times needs to be the most backed brewery ever on Kickstarter. It just does. Otherwise, the universe will be all out of whack. But in order to do that, we need $52,375 in pledges, which is $8,596 more than we have (as of this writing).
Why should you help us reach this historic goal? Because a group of our incredibly rad vendors have stepped up to make it worth your while in a big way. If we set the record, they’ll donate $2,200 $2,400 to Bike SD, a phenomenal local advocacy group that is working hard to make this city a better place to walk, bike, and live.
Who are these incredible vendors, you ask? Here they are, listed in order of how much they love me:
- Premier Stainless Systems ($600). These guys are the super experienced Escondido-based savs who built our brewhouse & fermenters.
- Atlas Kegs ($500). These guys came up with this whole “break the record/give to charity” idea, which lets you know how super cool they are.
- Coastal Automation Solutions ($500). Our insanely skilled contractor, they built the new Green Flash, Societe, Stone Liberty Station, and our place.
- The Country Malt Group ($200). Known to every homebrewer the world over, they’ve been supplying grain to breweries for a long, long time.
- Helms Workshop ($200). The geniuses behind our mind-blowingly awesome can designs and some of the best graphic designers working today.
- Brewers Supply Group ($200). Famously excellent suppliers of malt, hops, and a smorgasbord of other necessities for the craft brewer.
- Beer-Con ($200). This unique local beer conference is in its 3rd year. We’re planning on being a stop on their popular brewery tour circuit.
Wanna add your name to that list? It’s not too late. Have your people shoot my people an email through our Contact page & we’ll chat. I want to raise as much for Bike SD as we possibly can.
How you can you make this amazing donation thing happen? By backing our Kickstarter campaign at the highest level you possibly can.
If you’ve already backed, now is the time to up your pledge. If there’s another reward you want on top of what you’ve already got coming to you, just add that amount to your pledge and let me know what the money is for in the survey that will go out at the end of the campaign (except for limited rewards).
Breaking this record & getting this donation for Bike SD would be such a cool way to end this campaign & launch this brewery. So please, be a pal and help us make it happen. If you can’t throw in any more cash, please spread the word on Facebook & Twitter.